The corn-top’s ripe and the meadow’s in bloom, which can mean only one thing: Derby days are upon us! “The Greatest Two Minutes in Sports” kick off today with the Kentucky Oaks followed by the Kentucky Derby tomorrow. But whether you place your bets on “Eskenformoney” or “Itsaknockout” is neither here nor there. The real question is: What are you going to wear?
Here’s a MSP round-up of derby do’s.
- Do add lace (always add lace). $112; available at Grand Avenue.
- Do pronounce your pout with a bold, red lip. (Christian Dior) $35; available at World Passage/Duty Free.
- Do sport a classic suede oxford. $165; available at Johnston & Murphy.
- Do pack a nip in a stylish wooden flask. (Woodchuck) $85; available at Uptown Minnesota.
- Do keep out the sun with a broad-brimmed hat. $88; available at
- Do look dapper in blue gingham. $98.50; available at Hammer Made.