Mick Jagger wears fashion sneakers, toast was invented in Minnesota, and Chicagoans can soon get tipsy at Taco Bell. This week in Links We Love.
- Mick Jagger and Charlie Watts charmed Minneapolis Institute of Arts staff members last Wednesday with their “on-point” fashion sense and knowledge of folk-art furniture. Later that night they played a sold-out concert at TCF Bank Stadium before nearly 43,000 fans. Sadly, we were not in attendance, but we did catch the band on its way out.
- We developed a serious case of state pride thanks to this City Pages list of seven foods that started in Minnesota.(Spam! Toast!) To sample a Minnesota-made Jucy Lucy, visit TwinBurger on Concourse G, near Gate 17.
- Congratulations to American Pharoah who, on Saturday, became the first horse since 1978 to sweep the Triple Crown. This New York Times video captures scenes from this year’s momentous Belmont Stakes.
- Here’s a first: A Taco Bell in the Wicker Park neighborhood of Chicago will serve beer, wine, and mixed drinks. While we don’t expect to see booze on the menu at MSP’s Taco Bell any time soon, we promise no shortage of gorditas and chalupas.
- From a painted cave to a caravanserai to a shipping container check out the Atlantic’s neat animated video of housing through the centuries.