“I believe that all anyone really wants in this life is to sit in peace and eat a sandwich.”
— Liz Lemon
It’s been six months since the Subway on Concourse G closed its doors; the infamous Subway scent fading into oblivion. But rejoice, sandwich fans. Subway is making a comeback with a new location set to open next month in the Airport Mall food court.
In celebration of the return of sandwich artistry to MSP, we collected the following five fun facts about MSP’s Terminal 2─Humphrey Subway.
- Most popular sandwich sold: Turkey Breast
- Number of subs sold per day: 650
- Loaves of bread baked in a year: Approximately 250,000
- Most popular bread: Wheat
- Pounds of lettuce, green peppers, and cheese used in a year:
- 9,600 pounds of lettuce
- 1,577 pounds of green peppers
- 8,188 pounds of cheese
Do you order off the menu or have you come up with your own Subway creation? Let us know in the comments!